• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Guy Fieri's Squirt Bottles - 3 Piece Set!

weinoo

As Not Seen on TV
Restaurant Review: Guy’s American Kitchen & Bar in Times Square

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/14/dining/reviews/restaurant-review-guys-american-kitchen-bar-in-times-square.html

Dunno, maybe he's better at squirt bottles?

Per la strada incontro un passero che disse "Fratello cane, perche sei cosi triste?"

Ripose il cane: "Ho fame e non ho nulla da mangiare."

I like the look of the Norpro better than Guy's; for me 16 oz. is too big. I have some cheapies that I got some time ago and the big problem is they leak around the base of the cap so I have to wrap the threads with a tiny strip of plastic wrap.

I'm wondering why I should rush out and buy a set of expensive squirt bottles, when the (identical other than the branding graphics) ones I've got cost 50 cents each?

Linda - have you tried a strip of t-tape (found in the plumbing section of the hardware store) to fix the poor cap fit? It works better than plastic wrap.

Elizabeth Campbell, baking 10,000 feet up at 1° South latitude.

My eG Food Blog (2011)My eG Foodblog (2012)

Linda - have you tried a strip of t-tape (found in the plumbing section of the hardware store) to fix the poor cap fit? It works better than plastic wrap.

Hven't tried that yet, the plastic wrap was already in the kitchen, the teflon tape is 'somewhere' out in the garage. Maybe next time.

i have some very cheap ones from Safeway, $1.20 each or so. Work fine.

Other option, keep empty sriracha or other such bottles around, they also have the nice twist to close tip, that even adjusts a bit to control flow.

"And don't forget music - music in the kitchen is an essential ingredient!"

- Thomas Keller

Diablo Kitchen, my food blog

i have some very cheap ones from Safeway, $1.20 each or so. Work fine.

Other option, keep empty sriracha or other such bottles around, they also have the nice twist to close tip, that even adjusts a bit to control flow.

OliverB - that idea is, ummmm, totally money!

But how do you get rid of the sriracha odor?

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

You know you could do what I did and replace all your spice bottles with matching P-Touch labled jars and bottles like this

http://i.imgur.com/cKbRChF.jpg

Now after this thread Im considering buying the matching green squeeze bottles and replacing the Norpros

http://www.ebottles.com/showbottlefamilys-catid-11-type-1.htm

I really have serious issues dont I?

Wawa Sizzli FTW!

$10 bucks?! This Guy guy loses more and more credibility every single time he introduces yet another over-priced product. I got my same exact squirt bottles, a set of 3, for $1! And bonus: my squirt bottles didn't come with the fruity graphics all over them!