• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

Squid, cucumber, radish and cashew nuts with citrus-chilli dressing

About once a year, when I have guests, I make this squid salad. The infrequency is due to the fact that I live alone and it's a dish that is really for sharing, I think, and that I cannot get the required jarred stem ginger here so have to make my own to get the syrup, which I don't mind doing, but it does take time. Also, we rarely get radishes. Sadly, I appear never to have photographed my attempts at it , but there is a fine photo in the article.

liuzhou

liuzhou

Squid, cucumber, radish and cashew nuts with citrus-chilli dressing

About once a year, when I have guests, I make this squid salad. The infrequency is due to the fact that  Ilive alone and it's a dish that is really for sharing, I think, and that I cannot get the required jarred stem ginger, here so have to make my own to get the syrup, which I don't mind doing, but it does take time. Sadly, I appear never to have photographed my attempts at it , but there is a fine photo in the article.