• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

SLB

SLB

Wow.  So.Friggin'.Beautiful. 

Over here, my rice is in RubberMaids.  I have a long-grain mass-produced one, and a shorter-grain mass-produced one.  I can't keep up with too many rices.  I have that Seductions of Rice book [mine is an original, and it has the cover with the bowl of rice on it]; when I first returned to NYC I figured I was gonna go deep into rice, so much of it being genuinely available here.  But it never happened.

My rice is altogether uninspired.  And it lives in RubberMaids.  

SLB

SLB

Wow.  So.Friggin'.Beautiful. 

Over here, my rice is in RubberMaids.  I have a long-grain mass-produced one, and a shorter-grain mass-produced one.  I can't keep up with too many rices.  I have that Seductions of Rice book [mine is an original, and it has the cover with the bowl of rice on it]; when I first returned to NYC I figured I was gonna go deep into rice, so much of it being genuinely available here.  But it never happened.

My rice is altogether uninspired, and it lives in RubberMaids.