• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Smokeydoke

Smokeydoke

I just found this thread, I can add a post or two here.

I've lived in Las Vegas for the past eight years and was quite the eater around 2014-2015, going to all the restaurants with reckless abandon. That was four years ago, which is an eternity in restaurant years, but I can still give some recommendations from back then.

Nowadays, I mostly eat at home. I just got back from a week-long business trip and I realized that I've become "that f@$k#n woman!" I can't tolerate anything but sublime amazement from any dining experience. But I'm sure my fellow eGullet members can appreciate that. Unfortunately, that means I never eat out and when I do, it needs to be damn-near-amazing.

I've briefly read through some of these posts and they're on point. However there's a difference between where tourists eat and where locals eat. Although I do eat on the Strip occasionally (some locals never do) I tend to avoid the Strip and eat in the nearby burbs. We're very blessed because this city is full of excellent chefs, and when they decide to open their own place after years of fine dining, they tend to go to the burbs. So you'll never see me recommending Lotus of Siam (although it's awesome), but I'll recommend Penn's Thai in Henderson.

So let's start...

Smokeydoke

Smokeydoke

I just found this thread, I can add a post or two here.

I've lived in Las Vegas for the past eight years and was quite the eater around 2014-2015, going to all the restaurants with reckless abandon. That was four years ago, which is an eternity in restaurant years, but I can still give some recommendations from back then.

Nowadays, I mostly eat at home. I just got back from a week-long business trip and I realized that I've become "that f@$k#n woman!" I can't tolerate anything but sublime amazement from any dining experience. But I'm sure my fellow eGullet members can appreciate that. Unfortunately, that means I never eat out and when I do, it needs to be damn near amazing.

I've briefly read through some of these posts and they're on point. However there's a difference between where tourists eat and where locals eat. Although I do eat on the Strip occasionally (some locals never do) I tend to avoid the Strip and eat in the nearby burbs. We're very blessed because this city is full of excellent chefs, and when they decide to open their own place after years of fine dining, they tend to go to the burbs. So you'll never see me recommending Lotus of Siam (although it's awesome), but I'll recommend Penn's Thai in Henderson.

So let's start...