• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Buying used chocolate molds – advice?

pastrygirl

Today I came across some used magnetic molds and also a couple of two-piece polycarbonate egg molds. They had a few dozen of these: http://www.jbprince.com/chocolate-and-sugarwork/frames-magnetic-15-cavities.asp for $25 each.

Has anyone ever bought used molds and/or have any advice? They looked in good condition at first glance.

I buy used molds all the time - have only had a few disappointments (the viola's that I asked for that should have been the flowers and ended up these great big honking violins - lost something in the translation!)

$25 for magnetic - snatch them!

Edited by Kerry Beal (log)

$25 for magnetic - snatch them!

Yeah that's what I was thinking! I don't have any magnetic, and they look so much easier to clean, just the sides and no worrying about getting in the corner edges. Need to see how many are in the budget. Thanks!