• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Mothers Day 2012

Well, because Mother's Day is normally complete he** around here (as a cakemaker I work hardest when the rest of the world is relaxing), we celebrated last Sunday. Dinner was a mushroom and green pepper risotto, shrimp sauteed in drawn butter with aliño, steamed asparagus, and a green salad (not pictured.)

Mom gave it rave reviews.

ShrimpDinner.jpg

(edited for my atrocious spelling and grammar. "picture" should only have one t and one e in it....)

Edited by Panaderia Canadiense (log)

Elizabeth Campbell, baking 10,000 feet up at 1° South latitude.

My eG Food Blog (2011)My eG Foodblog (2012)

I hosted brunch, since I'm just about midway between my sister's place and my parents.

Mimosas to start...fresh bagels with smoked salmon, lox, and smoked whitefish spread (plus cream cheese). Sliced tomatoes. Made quick pickles with some "persian" cukes, which was the surprise hit. Also homemade chicken salad with a dressing made from half mayo, half greek yogurt, and a couple of spoons of dijon, with fresh tarragon. DH doesn't like smoked fish, so the chicken salad was my concession to him...when my family comes over for brunch, it's smoked fish all ways!

Dessert was sliced strawberries tossed with a little vanilla sugar and mini sort of cheesecakes (made in muffin cups).

"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast" - Oscar Wilde