• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Help with a Chocolate Delice based dessert

olicollett

I'm looking for some help with a dessert I am planning to do in a couple of weeks time using David Everitt-Matthias' recipe for chocolate delice as a basis:

http://www.lechampignonsauvage.co.uk/chocolate.html

I've actually tried doing the dessert before but it didn't turn out right due to me screwing up the part where you whisk the oil into the egg yolks as if making a mayonnaise - I knew at the time it wasn't right but I'd used up my eggs and it was a bit late, and I ended up with a rather dense filling.

This time I'm going to be more careful, but I was thinking of changing the filling to something like peanut butter and raspberry. Any thoughts on this? I was going to plate it with a raspberry gel and maybe some kind of chocolate crumbs, but I'm not sure about an ice cream which would work, possibly peanut butter but I don't want something to rich. I've no idea if the malted barley from the original recipe would work?

One last thing, the recipe doesn't state what type of gelatin sheets to use - i.e. bronze/silver/gold strength. Should I stick to a medium strength to play it safe?