• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Stencils for chocolate

pastrygirl

I'm thinking of buying some silicone chocolate stencils from Design & Realisation. http://www.dr.ca/30mm-round-silicone-stencil-for-chocolate.html

Do you think one of each design is enough, because I can just pick it up and use it again, or will I find myself wanting to use a few at a time? Does the chocolate need to set before you remove the stencil, or is it better to remove it while the chocolate is still wet? The stencil makes two dozen, and I could see wanting to make between a few dozen and a few hundred pieces in a session.

D&R has a holiday promo for their friends on facebook, find them and see.

You want to pick up the stencil while the chocolate is still wet. Only problem I've had with them is some smearing when you plunk them down to have a second go.

Agree with Kerry - one of each should be enough. Once you've stencilled in the chocolate, you scrape off the excess and pull the chablon up from a corner while they chocolate is just starting to set. Then you can move straight onto the next lot of stencilling.

Thanks both of you. Shipping from Montreal to Seattle is so expensive I try to make sure I get as much as I need at one time when I order from D&R. So if I only need one each of the stencils I must need some new molds or transfer sheets to fill out the order. :biggrin: