• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sous Vide in busy a la carte setting...

Broken English

Hi all,

I'm just about to be moved onto either meat or fish station at the restaurant I'm currently working, and they use sous vide almost exclusively, which I've never used in a busy restaurant before, only at home or as an experiment.

Does anyone have any tips for keeping ahead on the line at a restaurant which routinely does 200/250 covers on a busy night? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

James

James.

Oh yeah, and no doubt they will, but we all know there is more than one way to skin a cat, so I'm looking for additional advice I can have at my disposal to quickly determine a system that works well for me.

Maybe it's a long shot, but I was hoping some people who have a bit of experience could give me a few tips on what works for them.

James.