• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

• product-image-quickten.png.a40203b506711f7664fc62024e54a584.pngDid you know that these all-volunteer forums are operated by the 501(c)3 not-for-profit Society for Culinary Arts & Letters? This holiday season, consider a tax-deductible Quick Ten Bucks to support the eG Forums and help us remain completely advertising-free. Thanks to all those who have donated so far!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eman57

Sticky Rice, DC, Tater Tot Secret Sauce?

3 posts in this topic

So ive been hearing good things about a restaurant called Sticky Rice in Washington DC. I have heard amazing things about their Tater Tot Secret Sauce, I was wondering if anyone out the knew what its ingredients might be.

Edited by Eman57 (log)

Try looking at this page - some helpful comments on it too. Looks like ranch dressing, sriracha and mayonnaise are the main ingredients most people are trying in combination.

Edited by Jenni (log)

My wife and I spent a lot of time eating at Sticky Rice in Richmond, and I believe the sauce is just a mixture of mayo and Sriracha. I've combined the two at home and it's very close to what we ate there.

And I'm sure you've already heard, but the Sticky Balls are a must-try. They are pretty crazy...deep fried inari pockets with tuna, crab and sriracha rice, topped with wasabi sauce, eel sauce and tobiko. Late night craving all-star dish.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0