• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Peanut Sauce

Shel_B

Shel - if you use the kind of peanut butter that is just peanuts, salt, and maybe a little oil, then yes. If you're into the sweet gakk, then no.

I use just peanuts, sometimes salted but most often not. I made the sauce last night and screwed it up. I transposed the peanut butter/coconut milk ratio, then tried to save it by adding more coconut milk, but I didn't have enough, so I added some water ... oh well, things like this are a "learning experience."

... Shel

Next time that happens, the Ecuadorian fix is pilsener-type lager and pureed carrots - this produces a sauce typical of coastal "secos" (meat stewed in light sauce) which is really really tasty with lamb or goat, and does amazing things to tough cuts of beef.

• Like 1

Elizabeth Campbell, baking 10,000 feet up at 1° South latitude.

My eG Food Blog (2011)My eG Foodblog (2012)