• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Havana Club Cocktail Competition

Dom Costa

Dear rum lovers, I've just returned from Cuba where I attended the Havana Club Cocktail Competition held at "El Floridita" in La Habana.

Believe me it was one of the best experience ever, to have the chance to go behind the bar at "El Floridita" was a dream come true, just before strarting to prepare my cocktail I felt a big shiver along my back, that place has such a mix of charm and history ,you can smell it all over the place.

The grandeur of it's past as unfortunately faded a little, but what a feeling to stand behind the bar of " The cradle of the daiquiri" !!

By the way I ended up at third place , and I left Cuba with a little bronze statue of the "Girardilla",a copy of the weathervane that tops the Tower of Castillo de Real Fuerza and symbol of "La Habana".

But this is not so important.....

Cheers

Dom Costa

Well, is there any Matusalem Anejo Superior left to be found or isn't there? :blink:

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host