• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

A Connecticut Hot Dog Tour DVD

John

I recently received a copy of the Connecticut Hot Dog Tour DVD. I highly recommend getting your own copy. It's only $7.99 and profiles 10 Connecticut hot dog establishments. Mark Kotlinski did a great job highlighting these restaurants, their histories, the people who run them, and those who are die hard fans. One place (Wieners on Water) is actually a boat serving hot dogs!

The DVD also gives information that you may not find in reviews, articles, and other films about hot dogs such as the brand of hot dog, where it comes from, and how it's prepared. I enjoyed this film more than A Hot Dog Program for this reason as well as the fact that I've personally been to 5 of the places featured. A Connecticut Hot Dog Tour appeals to the hot dog aficianado as well as the casual person who enjoys an occasional hot dog.

Connecticut is a hot dog mecca and this DVD gives you a great look at some legendary places as well as some that are not as well known. But all serve great hot dogs. There is variety here as far as the different brands of dogs that are used, the unique ways they are prepared, and the homemade toppings.

Check out this link:http://ctoriginals.com/buy-a-connecticut-hot-dog-tour-dvd/ Click on the the options offered to see some of the places in the film. There is a trailer and information on purchasing this entertaining DVD.

John the hot dog guy

• 1 month later...

Check out this link:http://ctoriginals.com/buy-a-connecticut-hot-dog-tour-dvd/

Thanks for the link. I didn't notice it the first time through the post and went to Amazon to buy. It's $19.99, plus shipping! The crooks!

The Big Cheese

BlackMesaRanch.com

My Blog: "The Kitchen Chronicles"

BMR on FaceBook

"The Flavor of the White Mountains"