• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

lunch restaurants in Cherry Hill?

BeaChambers

Melange Cafe is open for lunch. Chef/owner Joe Brown just came out with a cookbook. He specializes in Cajun cuisine. 856-663-7339.BYO

La Campagne is open for lunch and they have a cooking school on the premises. BYO 609-429-7647. They also have published a cookbook.

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

Hi Bea

The Cherry Hill area is where my wife and I often go for dinner.

There are some GREAT restaurants down there, I'll try to help out with a few diverse suggestions.

AUTHENTIC TURKISH CUISINE yes, that's the name of the restaurant. Fabulous authentic Turkish food. Belly dancing lessons during the week at dinner.

8011 Centennial Blvd. Voorhees 856-489-1212

Voorhees is next door to Cherry Hill (5 minute drive).

AMEA Great Mediterranean food from Greece, France, North Africa etc. Nice looking restaurant formerly called FIGS, changed to AMEA about 2 months ago.

In the Village Walk shopping center Rt 70 in Cherry Hill

856-874-0063. There is a patisserie a few doors down, the owner was the pastry chef at LE BEC FIN for 15 years.

Need I say more :biggrin:

EMERALD FISH Great reasonably priced seafood.

Cherry Hill 856-616-9192.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT Upscale restaurant serving a variety of nouvelle cuisine In a shopping center at the intersection of Rt70 and Rt.73 in Marlton (next to Cherry Hill) 856-797-1126

LA POSATA Delicious Italian food in Cherry Hill. 856-596-6885.

SIRIS FRENCH THAI AND PATISSERIE Tremendous French-Asian cuisine and patisserie. Have been for dinner many times, not for lunch. Have heard that they offer a prix fixe lunch that is great. 856-663-6781. In the Tracktown Mall across from the Cherry Hill racetrack

Have been to all the above restaurants and can recommend them highly.

All are BYOB, we rarely go to restaurants with a liquor license.

If you want more information or directions to any of them, let me know.

Tom

PS MELANGE CAFE, as Rosie mentioned is excellent but the southern food from Joe Brown is beyond rich. If you go there get the crab cheesecake appetizer.

You will love it but you will be full for a week :biggrin:

S

Tom D

WOW What a selection! Between you and Rosie, we won't have any problems dining in Cherry Hill. Amazing to find such a good list in Cherry Hill. Because of the race track, maybe?? Anyway, I have both lists printed out and now, I will have to decide which one to pick :smile:

Bea---NJ

The Cherry Hill and surrounding area has grown, unfortunetly, like most of NJ. Lot's of people have moved in to support new business and industry in NJ and Philadelphia-Pennsylvania.

The traffic jams on Rt 73 and Rt 38 can rival any in north or central NJ.

I honestly listed only a few restaurants in the Cherry Hill area. Go a few more miles to Mt Laurel, Medford etc. and I can list a lot more.

That's why we really like living in central NJ. We're 50 minutes from both NYC and Philadelphia or north or south jersey.

Enjoy wherever you go!!

Tom

Tom D