• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Best Peanut Butter and Chocolate Candy

Chris Hennes

Hands down: GooGoos. A peanut, chocolate, caramel and marshmallow patty named for the Grand Ole Opry. I detest peanuts plain, peanut butter too, but I'm silly over these things.

Available at Cracker Barrel Restaurants, which also carry maple sugar candy and other great confections.

Ruth Dondanville aka "ruthcooks"

“Are you making a statement, or are you making dinner?” Mario Batali

• 2 weeks later...
I do like the combo of peanut butter and chocolate. For instance I can really appreciate a sandwich of homemade bread with good crunchy PB and a smear of Nutella. Especially when hiking.
You have got me started on my "at work" (2nd) breakfast! Toast with thin spread of nutella and modest blob of pb. Very tasty.

Best Wishes,

Chee Fai.

If we can include a nomination for peanut (as opposed to peanut butter) and chocolate, then I definitely support Goldenberg's Peanut Chews.

No no no no.Any form of candy that is made of fake chocolate needs to go away.The milk "chocolatey" version the worst offender.Any true chocolate lover always scans the label for evil signs of the devil's passing.Fudgy,chocolatey or whatever pseudo BS term they can fit in there.As a side note if this product is a cake it is likely filled with "kreame" or some other sneaky variant.