• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Wedding Rehersal Dinner in April 2011

Shmily

I would like to hear people's experiences doing rehearsal dinners to help us plan for next April. Good food is important to us as is reasonable price. I read that Lupa does private parties...since I have had some not great experiences (attitude, not food) with Mr. Batali's restaurants, I wondered if anyone has dealt with them. The wedding will be on Sunday afternoon and evening in New Jersey. Thank you in advance..all experiences appreciated. smile, smile

Lupa, in all my experiences there, has had fine service. It's certainly not the same service you would get at a Danny Meyer restaurant, but it's not trying to be that - it's a casual osteria.

That said, the person mostly responsible for the front of house at Lupa, Jason Denton, is no longer there. However, he is an owner of at least a few other restaurants that you might investigate.

Corsino, 'inoteca (which has a private room downstairs)and 'inoteca liquori all do private parties and have good to great food at reasonable prices.

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

• 3 weeks later...

I have been to a rehearsal dinner at bobo! The food was exceptional and staff was super, we sat in the garden, but they do have a private dining room too. If you want to stick to Italian food (bobo serves seasonal/local American) I would suggest Supper. They have a private dining room too and delicious, affordable Italian - quite rustic and casual though.

www.bobonyc.com

bobonyc.tumblr.com