• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Vegan dining help...

Im not a vegan myself nor am i a vegi. however I am going on a sort of road trip down the west coast of America this time next year and the people im going with are vegans. Ive always wanted to taken them to a good fine dinning restaurant but have never got round to it.

so im going out to see them in America. i know the French Laundry do a vegetarian menu but not sure if they do a vegan one and theres a couple of good places in Portland, Oregon that are vegan but i want something a bit more up there. they dont mind if the premises isnt fully vegan just a good vegan dish or so. maybe somewhere we can call up in advance to request it?

maybe a few delis or something like that too

part from the vegan stuff, where do u recommend for me? were starting at Seattle then going to Portland, Eugene, San Francisco, LA then Las Vegas.

thanks alot

If you call ahead, most restaurants will either tell you straight up that they don't do vegan fare or will create a vegan menu for your friends - at least, that has been my experience.

Vegan in Seattle: there is plum on 12th Street on Cap Hill. It's all vegan. Across the street is Barrio, which can do easily vary standard menu items to suit your needs.

Le Gourmand on 46th created a vegan menu for my wife that was amaaaazing. Her food was better than mine.