• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Gold card paper

Lior

I have an order for many teaspoons (urrgh-they break easily and always get air bubbles!). The order has to be packaged in packages of both two and four spoons. I thought to use cello bags and insert a gold card to serve as the base and such. I cannot find a place where the prices are good and is food safe for sure. Does anyone have a good source for this? I wrote to papermart.com, but there are so many types of gold card paper! And he cannot guarantee foodsafety.

Thanks

Wal-Marts in Canada sells a one-pound chocolate bar which has a gold card base in it. I have a stack of them...but mailing them to Israel would no doubt be prohibitive.

Good luck.

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

Wal-Marts in Canada sells a one-pound chocolate bar which has a gold card base in it. I have a stack of them...but mailing them to Israel would no doubt be prohibitive.

Good luck.

Not necessarily. A less than 1kg small package to Israel would cost about $35 in postage (if sent by "small packet air). That's probably less than the cost of cards plus shipping from a retail company.

The cardboard is shiny gold on one side only, white on the reverse. Dimensions: 12.5 cm x 24 cm. Weight of 12 pieces: 212 gs. They would need wiping from the chocolate which came on them. I am not sure how many I have. I'll count them if Ilana thinks it's worthwhile. Naturally, they are free. I just save them because they are 'pretty' and I love gold anything.

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

Thanks all. I finally found a supplier. I am no where near a Bakers Supply house - unfortunately!! (a 12 hour flight! :shock: ). Darienne you are so kind-but I do need around 1000 of them!!I will check out prices and all, but check out left hand side

However if anyone has a U.S. source, that willbe good as well. Thanks!!!

Thanks all. I finally found a supplier. I am no where near a Bakers Supply house - unfortunately!! (a 12 hour flight! :shock: ). Darienne you are so kind-but I do need around 1000 of them!!I will check out prices and all, but check out left hand side

However if anyone has a U.S. source, that willbe good as well. Thanks!!!

Sorry Ilana. My supply would not be more than 100. Good luck with your quest and good luck with the spoons themselves. :smile:

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope.