• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

non-enameled cast-iron skillet

Have you tried E. Dehillerin? If so, and they didn't have it, have you considered buying a carbon steel pan instead of cast iron?

Last year, I bought a de Buyer Carbone Plus pan at Dehillerin for €21.41 (model no. 5110.30 / stock no. 230146). Performs almost exactly like cast iron, picks up seasoning quite easily, and weighs just a tad lighter. And, considering that there are few domestic makers of non-enameled iron cookware in France, I'm guessing it's going to be cheaper for you...

So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money. But when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness."

So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.