• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Good take-outs in 44th and 2nd st areq?

corinnesweeney

I'm sure 'inoteca Liquori Bar would pack some sandwiches and more from their menu...click.

Sarge's Deli, for some decent, ummm, deli...click.

Pizza - wasteland.

Ramen is nearby at Menchanko - Tei - click.

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

I'm sure 'inoteca Liquori Bar would pack some sandwiches and more from their menu...click.

Sarge's Deli, for some decent, ummm, deli...click.

Pizza - wasteland.

Ramen is nearby at Menchanko - Tei - click.

I’ll second Menchanko. I had the Chanpon ramen bowl yesterday (takeout). A quart of creamy white (Hakata style?....Raji?), rich pork broth with pork, shrimp, squid, fish cake, sprouts and cabbage. A pint of house made ramen comes on the side (so they don’t get soggy sitting in the broth). Easily enough for two. Enjoyed it very much. Nice silky complexity to the broth with very fresh ingredients. And the broth wasn’t too salty as can be the case. (fyi, the online menu differs from the inhouse/takeout)

That wasn't chicken