• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Drive Thru Crawl Needs Help

highchef

Trying to Feed a bunch of football players after practice, we had to have a vote on what drive thru. We ended up having a great discussion (4 16 yr.old boys, and 1 mom) about what drive thru was going to get our(mine) dollars. When you're feeding big guys you have to consider cost too. We had cokes and cheese @ home, so I ruled out adding cheese to burgers, or making it a meal with a drink. We put taste over cost if it was really worth it. We ended up with Wendy's burgers, Checker's fries and a local joint's milkshakes. Of course, we got the burgers first, then the fries so we could dip them in the milkshakes...that part of the meal was gone before we hit my drive.

tomorrow we're going for chicken...I'm pretty sure it'll be Raisin Cain's, but again with Checker's fries and maybe I'll some redbeans and rice from Popeye's.

I have one who's holding out for McD's fries, but so far none want a burger from there.

Then there's the burritto's from the taqueria with the (shoot me now) nachos from taco bell....that's a vote I'm gonna have to veto. It's good to be queen.

I'd go with the Burger Chef (super chef?) if I could pick anything out of time, but for now, the agreed burger is Wendy's 'baconater'.

Do any of you do this? drive from drive thru to drive thru, picking and choosing?

what's your favorite combo?

Right after Burger King changed their Fries..about 10 yrs ago, I started getting the Burgers there and hitting McDonalds for Fries. I never got McDonalds burgers because it was such a production to get them with no Ketchup

Now I am just happy with Wendy's Spicy Chicken sandwich and their fries are fine too

We have no Checkers, Popeye's is 30 miles away, and its an hour wait at the new Sonic

T

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

I've had a couple of hour waits at sonic here, but on the whole they can be pdq. I have to really be craving a footlong to sit an hour these days, although it is a good time to catch up.

Which brings up my afternoon suggestion: forgo the fries and hit sonic for some of those cheese stuffed tater tots.

I think I'll experiment with the tater tot idea, and try to stuff my own. That would be cool.

I really just want the guys to be able to eat fast, but shake it up a little so everyone feels satisfied. Other wise I cook a lot and it's way to hot and busy right now to put filling square meals out 7 days a week!

That's a LOT of driving around and aggro, isn't it? And the mess in car...ugh.

I just order pizza and wings delivered to the practice site.

“Don't kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd eat you and everyone you care about!”