• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Tuckee Cups, Far Rockaway

zoe b

I was just visiting friends and they were talking about a stand on the boardwalk at Far Rockaway that sold these--apparently they were fried noodle cups shaped something like an upside down top hat, filled with chop suey, or whatever Chinese food of the day that you wanted.

Zoe

I don't remember Tuckee Cups in the Rockaways, but I seem to remember that Nathan's sold a chop-suey like dish. Only thing is, it was served on a hamburger bun :shock: .

A little further searching produced this web site, where they say about the Tuckee Cup...

Mr. Tuck Yee Lee, the owner, ran a big prepackaged chop suey/chow mein factory in NYC's West Village for years and they ran Tuckee Cup before their kids took over.
Edited by weinoo (log)

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?