• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Moving to Dartmouth, any good restaurants?

Chef BV

I'm a chef and it looks like I'll be moving to Hanover in the early fall. Are there any good restaurants to work at in the area or surrounding? I'm talking fine dining or upper scale casual dining that utilizes local food. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance!

I'm a chef and it looks like I'll be moving to Hanover in the early fall. Are there any good restaurants to work at in the area or surrounding? I'm talking fine dining or upper scale casual dining that utilizes local food. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance!

Well, off the top of my head- right on/by the campus are the Hanover Inn:

http://www.hanoverinn.com/

and the Canoe Club:

http://www.canoeclub.us/

Surrounding the campus you'll find tons of restaurants of all sorts, but those are the closest to what you seem to want that I know of.

There was an excellent Italian place called Carpaccio, but it closed recently.

For out of town- about how far are you willing to commute?

Sincerely,

Dante

Edited by Dante (log)

Carpenter and Main in Norwich is good. There are a number of good restaurants in the area, though hanover itself is pretty much lacking in good fine dining. Nearby Woodstock and Queechee probably have the highest concentration of fine dining restaurants in the area. I posted some recent experiences here.

Good luck!

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz

• 3 weeks later...