• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Wine Fund Redemptions will hit the

Don Giovanni

Wine Fund Redemptions will hit the fine wine market in 2009 hard !!!

As an investor in one thing or another in my lifetime I have an unemotional feeling that great wines will come to auction forced one way or another...2009 will be a very great buyers investor wine market...now if a new fund came to market with 50 mill and a detailed strategy that could be a long term play...

This is the straw that broke wines back...this is the bubble at it's best...funds buying wine...and then look and read the link ...see the video...see the top a captured wine bubble broadcast...

Listen to the knock in the beginning of the clip, a low shot toward Mr Parker...

Click On Me

August 20, 2008, 10:11 am

In Vino Veritas: Former UBS Banker Starts Wine Fund

05' changed the wine world due to the outside competing for wine ...2008 was the year that broke 05' legacy...

Gary V...1 st growths will not go down in price...!!! ( Aug 2008 prediction)
as a contrarian that was the top for me and to see the wine prices go down... for Gary this should be humbling ...

No different than any other bubble. The question was not if, but when.

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz

No different than any other bubble. The question was not if, but when.

Yes , as do all bubbles...but if you own a great cellar you best have the wine for drinking...what I am thinking is as the great wines come to market at reduced prices ...this may be the last time we will ever see the price this low...in 2009 ...this will be the year people will say I should of...