• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Respectable cheap meal in Montmartre - Cave Jojo

RandyB

This is not for high-end foodies. It's just a simple wine bar for locals in Montmartre, not a tourist destination. A local took me there on Tuesday night for my last meal in Paris this trip.

The wine list and menu is chalk on ardoise. There were plenty of glasses to try in the 3-4€ range. Jojo is happy to make recommendations. We ordered a pot (half liter) of Morgon for 11€

We skipped entrées (lots of pâtés). I had what was called a salade with confit of duck. It was a plate with a large thigh and drumstick of very good confit. The "salad" part was three sides, hot potatoes, cold ratatouille, and cold flageolets (white beans). It was very filling.

My friend had a jarret de porc with choucroute, also a generous portion. (Less than half the price of a similar dish at Bofinger.) Many of the other mains had sausages of various kinds. With the half liter of wine and two coffees, the bill was 39€. Obviously it would have been more with entrées or dessert, but neither were expensive.