• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Alison Two

ferky

We've eaten there several times already. It is dimly lit and we find the atmosphere lovely. There is a bar menu, so we can stop by after a movie at the Ambler Theater - the Tuna Slider is exceptional.

We have enjoyed some great dishes from the general menu: Sea Scallops with Potato Gnocchi, which is in an amazing, flavor-balanced broth that rounds out the dish perfectly; the Mussels - again, in an outstandingly seasoned broth; the Mushrooms with Heirloom grits and Aged Jack Cheese made us want to lick the plate; a Corn Soup that was smooth and perfectly seasoned; Roasted Chicken with Salsify Puree, again with an amazing sauce - this one surprised me, because I don't usually order chicken at a nice restaurant (I like to try things I don't make at home) and the flavors were spectacular. I didn't have the Hanger Steak, but someone we were with did and loved it. But I tried the seasoned fries that came with it and they were wonderful.

The last time I was there I had a Pumpkin Cheesecake that had a crust flavored with curry. It was such an unusual and tasty combination.

We also enjoyed some cocktails - especially the Dark and Stormy, which is made with homemade Ginger Beer, full of fresh ginger flavor. And we have enjoyed some great wines from the wine list. They offer a couple of dozen (I think) wines by the glass.

Hope that helps.

Eileen

Eileen Talanian

HowThe Cookie Crumbles.com

HomemadeGourmetMarshmallows.com

As for butter versus margarine, I trust cows more than chemists. ~Joan Gussow