• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The taste of the Aegean in northern Evia

The "Limanaki" tavern is located in a small village in the northern part of Evia, and there are literally no tourists there. The place is frequented only by locals, simply because there are no tourists in the area. The northern part of Evia is one of the best kept secrets in Greek tourism, and I hope it remains like that.

The article that I wrote in my weblog panathinaeos is about this small tavern that caters the local and vistiors but also in the early morning hours provides a resting place to the returning fishermen and women.

The food is simple, grilled or fried, but they know how to do it and the fish or seafood is a fresh as it can get. They get the day's catch early in the morning and they serve it for lunch and dinner.

athinaeos

civilization is an everyday affair

the situation is hopeless, but not very serious