• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

TV show

Heston

I was surfing Sky a couple of weeks ago, as you do, and came across a programme you were presenting relating to molecular gastronomy (one the channels above 500). I only caught the last 10 minutes.

Was this a one off show or is it a series? Do you know if/when its to be repeated and on a more accessible channel?

Cheers

Tony

Hello Tony,

The programme that you saw was one of a series of six half an hour programmes, screened weekly called Kitchen Chemistry.

Each programme was based on a different topic.

They were; Ice cream, Vegetables, Gels, Chocolate, Meat and salt and covered a wide range of things from the science of cooking to the psychology of eating.

I am told that Discovery will re-run this series before christmas but unfortunately have no dates yet.

Heston Blumenthal

The Fat Duck

The Fat Duck website