• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

book molding

Lior

Hi. I am trying to recall the exact method Wybauw used for those seashells. I remember using the "slamming" method to fill the shells with ganache( not piping...), and then we slammed the two identical molds together. Was this all? This is what made the two halves stick together? DOes anyone remember? Lana asked on the ecole forum and now it is bugging me!

Thanks!

Hi. I am trying to recall the exact method Wybauw used for those seashells. I remember using the "slamming" method to fill the shells with ganache( not piping...), and then we slammed the two identical molds together. Was this all? This is what made the two halves stick together? DOes anyone remember? Lana asked on the ecole forum and now it is bugging me!

Thanks!

He fills them with tempered gianduja and that will hold the sides together. If not using gianduja then spread a thin layer of tempered chocolate (as warm as possible) on each side and slap them together ASAP.