• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Light Lunch around Bond street

Short on inspiration at the moment - where can we go for a light lunch in the Bond street area? We are having dinner at Maze so do not want a big lunch - a salad and a glass of wine would be perfect.. Have done automat/fortnums etc was thinking about Cecconis? Has anybody been recently?

"Experience is something you gain just after you needed it" ....A Wise man

I've had a very nice antipasto plate - prosciutto, grilled pumpkin etc. at the bar at Cecconis. Was very nice with a glass of prosecco and extremely reasonable with a nice buzzy vibe. I went there about a year ago but the menu should still be similar. I could recommend it for a light lunch in the situation you outlined.

Another Beard Papa fan

If you're near Bond Street and want a repose there's one of London's best kept secrets nearby for tea and a slice of cake.

http://www.postcardteas.com/

9 Dering Street

A cup of tea costs GBP1.50 (there are many to choose from) and will be prepared perfectly and served in an appropriate vessel (please don't expect quick service). If you like the tea and wish to buy it, your cup of tea is complimentary. The teas are absolutely first rate.

They also have delicious home made cakes at 1.50GBP a slice.

Best bargain in central London. I am worried about the longevity of the shop, it's not in my interests if it stays a secret. Do please give it a try, and if you like it, pass the word. It's a real treasure.

MoGa thanks for the tip - I've passed that shop a few times but didn't realise it was a teashop, as opposed to a tea shop...

I haven't been recently, but in the past I've had lovely lunches at Sketch patisserie - small helpings but absolutely exquisite, and of course great for people-watching