• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Ann_T

Ann_T

@Okanagancook,  I've ordered some.  And I'm hoping that it just adds mostly a "salt" taste.   Almost every salt substitute is a combination of herbs and spices.

Which is fine, if you are looking to add lemon and garlic, or a tex mex seasoning to whatever you are cooking.   BUT, if you want just a little salt to enhance the flavour

of something that you already have the flavour profile you are looking for, none of the other substitutes I have found work for me.   

Ann_T

Ann_T

@Okanagancook,  I've ordered some.  And I'm hoping that it just adds mostly a "salt" taste.   Almost every salt substitute is a combination of herbs and spices.

Which is fine, if you are looking to add lemon and garlic, or a tex mex seasoning to whatever you are cooking.   BUT, if you want just a little salt to enhance the flavour

of something that you already have the flavour profile you are looking for, none of the other substitutes I have found work for me.