• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Halal cart outside NYU Medical Center

Pan

Just an FYI for anyone else who has a reason to be in or around NYU Medical Center:

I've been enjoying the aroma from the cart for some time and had a chance to get lunch from it today - chicken shawarma sandwich ($4). It was very good, with a lot of the fragrance suggested by the smell, and the man and woman (father and daughter?) working the cart were friendly. The location is near the entrance to the garage, close to 31 St.

Michael aka "Pan"

Thanks for the tip. Just last week I started working a few days a week not too far from there (32nd and Madison) and it sounds like it is right up my alley.

FWIW- last week I tried the falafel at the cart down Madison (Near 28th or 29th?) and thought that they had some potential as well.

aka Michael

Chi mangia bene, vive bene!

"...And bring us the finest food you've got, stuffed with the second finest."

"Excellent, sir. Lobster stuffed with tacos."