• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

gfweb

gfweb

1 hour ago, rotuts said:

@gfweb

interesting

what I made is what I consider to be CB.

I grew up in CA and im wondering if there is an Eastern view that sees CB as something close to what Id call pastrami

not necessarily great pastrami , but a cow what wandered in that general neighborhood.

Might be true.

The Eastern deli CB I've had has some flavor in the pastrami spectrum...not smoked of course...and a somewhat leaner meat.

On the other hand, the stuff I made is probably what the Irish would've had for CB, if indeed they had CB at all.  Meant for eating with cabbage and potatoes and not for reuben making

gfweb

gfweb

1 hour ago, rotuts said:

@gfweb

interesting

what I made is what I consider to be CB.

I grew up in CA and im wondering if there is an Eastern view that sees CB as something close to what Id call pastrami

not necessarily great pastrami , but a cow what wandered in that general neighborhood.

Might be true.

The deli CB I've had has some flavor in the pastrami spectrum...not smoked of course...and a somewhat leaner meat.