• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

the A1704 Rx was :

4 Qts water    3/4 C table salt  1/2 C brown sugar  2 tsp Pink salt    and various flavorings ;  bay leaves , garlic , whole black pepper , whole coriander , and 

whole allspice

Flat cut was placed in the brine  for 6 - 8 days in the frig.  the flat cut did not look very very thick to me :

58bb3b057e9ff_flta.jpg.d2776538c1bc952b6bf23d4bd2c87646.jpgI completely

the picture I completely credit to America's test kitchen , A1704.  owned by Boston Common as far as I can tell

PS  the TK's also claimed in blind tastings , the pick cured CB tasted better , at the same ' salt point ' no data given.

rotuts

rotuts

the A1704 Rx was :

4 Qts water    3/4 C table salt  1/2 C brown sugar  2 tsp Pink salt    and various flavorings ;  bay leaves , garlic , whole black pepper , whole coriander , and 

whole allspice

Flat cut was placed in the brine  for 6 - 8 days in the frig.  the flat cut did not look very very thick to me :

58bb3b057e9ff_flta.jpg.d2776538c1bc952b6bf23d4bd2c87646.jpgI completely

the picture I completely credit to America's test kitchen , A1704.  owned by Boston Common as far as I can tell