• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

AM/PM enters the coffee wars

Toliver

I'm posting this in this fourm because it deals with fast-food. If a host thinks it should go in the coffee forum, feel free to move it.

A nearby AM/PM gas station closed for renovations. When it reopened they had removed quite a number of refrigerated cases along one wall and installed a line of coffee brewers and other beverage machinery.

You can see a general picture of what it looks like on the AM/PM website:

AM/PM coffee web page

They have quite a list of coffee products and other hot beverages listed on the linked web page above.

It's interesting that AM/PM must think the financial return on coffee and other hot beverages will outweigh the loss of retail product space (the refrigerated coolers that were there before). Or perhaps they're going with the McDonald's game plan (come for the coffee, stay for the breakfast) where they're trying to make their "quickie-marts" a one-stop destination.

Has anyone tried their coffee yet?

edited for clarity

Edited by Toliver (log)

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver