• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Martin Picard on Radio Canada

Magictofu

A chirstmas gift for those who appeciate the work of Martin Picard, chef of au Pied de Cochon in Montreal: Radio Canada is broadcasting a 7 episodes show featuring the man and some of Quebec's and the Atlantic provinces great culinary traditions including hunting and fishing.

The show is in French and starts Thursday the 20th.

Here's the blurb from the Radio Canada website:

Réputé chef du restaurant Au pied de cochon , coloré et plus grand que nature, Martin Picard nous entraîne vers l’aventure afin de découvrir des plats du terroir québécois comme jamais nous ne les avons vus. L’émission est à son image : dynamique, brute, énergique, parfois sophistiquée et impressionnante, excessive et sympathique, humoristique et mal élevée, mais toujours attachante, rassembleuse, joviale et jouissive. Chaque émission propose des recettes typiques du Québec mais revues et transformées par Martin et son sous-chef Hugue, qui sillonnent les routes du pays, traînant avec eux leur cuisinière au gaz. Ils vivent chaque fois une aventure particulière en lien avec la recette et le thème de la semaine, aux quatre coins du Québec et des provinces maritimes. Martin Picard remonte aux sources des produits qu’il aime cuisiner. En partageant sa quête, le public vivra des expériences hors du commun, toujours surprenantes. Bienvenue dans l’univers Picard! Au programme : L’appel de l’orignal (20 décembre); L’oie des neiges (21 décembre); La quête du saumon (27 décembre); Le foie gras (28 décembre); Le homard monstre (3 janvier); La grande boucherie (4 janvier); Au pays du castor (11 janvier).

Finally a food TV show worth watching? We'll see... but I have great hopes!

• 2 months later...

What happened to this show?

I saw the first pig show where they brined the pigs feet while they were still attached to the rest of the carcass.

I saw the tail end of the lobster show the same week, but I have not seen any signs of the show since.

I looked for it on the src website but found no evidence of its existence.

What happened to this show?

I saw the first pig show where they brined the pigs feet while they were still attached to the rest of the carcass.

I saw the tail end of the lobster show the same week, but I have not seen any signs of the show since.

I looked for it on the src website but found no evidence of its existence.

Yeah, I've taped the Moose, Giant Lobster and Salmon episodes (Radio Canada versions) but somehow missed the other three. I assume they've all run. That's it for now as far as I understand.

This is a good series and hopefully there will be more.

If you hear of it being run again let us know.

• 5 months later...