• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

80 cooking tricks

Rogelio

it seems more like an infomercial for an immersion blender (call now and we'll throw in the soda/espuma siphon for free!). the more interesting aspects like the super bag get skipped over fairly quickly. the tuna mayonnaise didn't look very appetizing either. but some good ideas here.

Well, the actual title of the piece is "80 cooking tricks with utensils (or gadgets)." I just saw the first ones and it does not seem like an infomercial to me, unless it's an infomercial for a whole kitchen supply store. Some items are quite commonplace, like the eye dropper or the paintbrush.

All that aside, I am thrilled to see and hear "the" Ferran Adria' and to see him demonstrating quite common gadgets as he uses them and also as we can use them. Really, I'm so happy to just see him on video. Luckily, spanish is my first language. We know he knows what he's doing, but he also appears so genuine, charming and down to earth.

Thanks so much for the link Rogelio

Wow, that's quite cool. I only understand a word here and there, but I'm going to watch it all the way through, because some of the tips explain themselves just by watching. Thanks for this link!