• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Italian Wine tasting - appetizer ideas

MattJohnson

Without knowing what wines or what region's wines, it's hard to make a blind recommendation. But, in general, you won't go wrong with something featuring mushrooms.

We cannot employ the mind to advantage when we are filled with excessive food and drink - Cicero

Without knowing what wines or what region's wines, it's hard to make a blind recommendation.  But, in general, you won't go wrong with something featuring mushrooms.

You're totally right. I don't have a way of knowing what will be served, so it puts me at a disadvantage.

Perhaps I'll do a cheese plate. If anyone has any specific recommendations, let me know - I have access to a couple of places with wide selections. I'll dig through some cookbooks and look at mushroom ideas as well.

Edited by MattJohnson (log)

Without knowing what wines or what region's wines, it's hard to make a blind recommendation.  But, in general, you won't go wrong with something featuring mushrooms.

Brad,

I was thinking stuffed mushrooms...perfect...

Click On Me