• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Maui's Dog House closing?

ChrisOC

My wife and I stopped by Maui's for the first time of the season on Saturday. See HollyEats Review. We had our usual order Dressed for me (onion, mustard and chili sauce) a Soprano for the wife (baby spinach sauted with white wine topped with grated parmesean) one order of salty balls and two Stewart's root beers. On the way out I noticed the For Sale sign

I hope we are not going to loose the Dog House. Its my favorite South Jersey hotdog

Chris

Cookbooks are full of stirring passages

I was under the impression that the NJ Ave location was their primary store. Every time I go there Maui is on the grill and his wife, Liz, is on the counter. I thought the store on the boards had closed??

Chris

• 1 month later...

We went to get our car inspected today, and since we were'nt far from North Wildwood, we decided to stop at Maui's for hotdogs.

The place is going to close. Maui's wife, Liz said he wants to get a "real job" The building and the equipment are for sale but not the business. It seems that when the sale occurs, that will be the end of the Dog House.

I hate to see them go :sad:

Chris

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...