• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Okanagancook

Okanagancook

@C. sapidus Has some great advice.  That’s exactly what I did and had the station idea too.  We had a tea and coffee area where all the cups, tea making equipment and supplies fit together.  Then the prep area with drawers that held knives, mis en place bowls, etc.  we also had an interior designer who had been trained in kitchen design.  I reviewed all my lists of wants, etc. with her and she came up with a plan that needed just a few tweaks.  Well worth the money and I just went with her hardware choices, etc.  she also picked all the colours for our big house.  She was amazing.

Okanagancook

Okanagancook

@C. sapidus Has some great advise.  That’s exactly what I did and had the station idea too.  We had a tea and coffee area where all the cups, tea making equipment and supplies fit together.  Then the prep area with drawers that held knives, mis en place bowls, etc.  we also had an interior designer who had been trained in kitchen design.  I reviewed all my lists of wants, etc. with her and she came up with a plan that needed just a few tweaks.  Well worth the money and I just went with her hardware choices, etc.  she also picked all the colours for our big house.  She was amazing.