• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Restaurants near City Center

coughy

We, husband, son and myself, will be having dinner on Friday.  Any feedback on Beacon?  Burger Joint sounds great but we are afraid it is so small we won't get in.

Burger Joint's cute in concept but the burgers aren't any tastier than what you get at the Shake Shack. Me, personally I like the SS burger and fries but the Burger Joint does a decent job.

Plus, since it's so small, you're going to walk out smelling like the food when you're done. Like a pho place, the smell stays with you long after you've eaten.

They're willing to drop some cash people! Can't we do better than Burger Joint?

Shake shack is another solar system for their needs. And since when is it so bad to smell like food? (not that I've ever smelt of a grilled burger unless I was making it)

That wasn't chicken

Look, I don't habitually go to the Burger Joint before CC performances because I don't want to drop cash.  I go because I really like the Burger Joint.

Osteria del Circo's across the street.

And of course, Gordon Ramsay's only a block away.

Yakitori totto. Jean Georges.

I have personally not had a whole lot of luck getting into Yaktori Totto before City Center performances. And it's not for lack of trying. I do a bit better sometimes after the show.

Sugiyama has a pre-theater menu that, while not as awe-inspiring as their full kaiseki is supposed to be, is very good, an excellent value, and gets you out in time.

Edited by Sneakeater (log)

Look, I don't habitually go to the Burger Joint before CC performances because I don't want to drop cash.  I go because I really like the Burger Joint.

Osteria del Circo's across the street.

And of course, Gordon Ramsay's only a block away.

Keep eating at the Burger Joint, and that Manhattan apt will be in sight!!!

I have personally not had a whole lot of luck getting into Yaktori Totto before City Center performances.  And it's not for lack of trying.  I do a bit better sometimes after the show.

Agreed, Yakitori Totto is not a place to go if you've got some sort of time committment. Maybe if you line up to get in right when they open... but not otherwise.