• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Barrytm

Barrytm

I have a variety of stainless steel hotel pans, perforated for use in my combi oven, and non perforated for variety of uses, in heights of 1, 4 and 6 inches ( all 2/3 size, since that fits the oven).  The deeper  nonperforated are ideal for holding pork ribs or pork shoulder in the fridge overnight while covered in salt and dry rub .  It also works great for shredding pork shoulders after they have been smoked.  The 1 inch height are great for use in the oven for heating and reheating items.  I bought the teflon grill matts and cut them to fit to make clean up easy. 

Barrytm

Barrytm

I have a variety of stainless steel hotel pans, perforated for use in my combi oven, and non perforated for variety of uses, in heights of 1, 4 and 6 inches ( all 2/3 size, since that fits the oven).  The deeper  nonperforated are ideal for holding pork ribs or pork shoulder in the fridge overnight while covered in salt and dry rub .  It also works great for shredding pork shoulders after they have been smoked.  The 1 inch height are great for use in the oven reheating items.