• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

I'd appreciate learning what egg dishes (non-dessert) sampled at a restaurant have been particularly memorable for you.

In addition, your input on when humour can play a significant role in a dish (with any available examples) would be of considerable interest to me. :laugh:

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Serving fine and fresh gratuitous comments since Oct 5 2001, 09:53 PM

When I worked for Blanc we did a ravioli of quails egg, spinach, mushroom duxelle, parmesan, Madeira jus and so on. I think they are still making it. That was interesting and a ****er to make some days. Ahhhhh now I remember the very first day I worked there on the gourmand menu there was a truffled egg dish. NIGHTMARE !!!! white truffle infused eggs, Madeira jus, sliced truffle, sabayon and then gratined all back in it's own shell ( which had been boiled and the membrane removed so so carefully ) then trying not to spill anything over the sides. I remember the night clearly because the poor chap on the hot starters began with 2 eggs away, then 1 minute later 4 more, then 4 more, he began to lose it and the chef started to get tense, words were exchanged. Finally there were 19 eggs away he was right in the shit !!!!!! With the help of a few others we got it out but I'll never forget him !!!

DH