• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sauce Dispensing Chopsticks

Gifted Gourmet

Gizmodo

Sauce Dispensing Chopsticks. Throw your duck sauce in one, your soy in the other and you're good to go. Just give them a squeeze over your food to spice life up a little and not conform to commie noodle standards. They're going for $21 and are washable, obviously, so don't chuck 'em after your first meal

With the possible exception of the inflated price, this new item looks as if it holds (sorry for the pun!) some promise .. or does it?

Your thinking on this topic of gravity? :rolleyes:

Melissa Goodman aka "Gifted Gourmet"

Though this product seems incredibly stupid to me, it would have come in handy tonight. I was having dumplings from a local Chinese takeout joint. They came with a little plastic cup of dumpling sauce. I dipped a dumpling in the sauce, looked away for a moment to reflect upon some mystery of the universe or another, and looked back only to find that our toddler had toddled over to the table and knocked the little cup of sauce onto the floor. That wouldn't have happened had the sauce been safely inside a chopstick.

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

Though this product seems incredibly stupid to me, it would have come in handy tonight. I was having dumplings from a local Chinese takeout joint. They came with a little plastic cup of dumpling sauce. I dipped a dumpling in the sauce, looked away for a moment to reflect upon some mystery of the universe or another, and looked back only to find that our toddler had toddled over to the table and knocked the little cup of sauce onto the floor. That wouldn't have happened had the sauce been safely inside a chopstick.

For that very reason I always have sauces at the handy. They don't taste exactly like the ones from the restaurant, but pretty close. I pour a little in a "mis" cup and nuke for 20 seconds. (I get sauces and keep in the fridge from Trader Joes, but don't tell those people that hate TJ's because of their individually-wrapped veggies! Neither I, or anyone I know, buy those anyway...)" :unsure:

Cheers,

Carolyn

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

J.R.R. Tolkien