• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Lisa Shock

Lisa Shock

Ikea ran a sale on the bowls about a month ago, and I picked up some via mail order. (two each of 5", 8", 11" plus shipping was about $31) Like everything else, there were only 3 sizes available to purchase online. They used to have, or maybe they are only available in-store, tiny ones sold in a 4-pack, and a large one that's about 14" across the top. I would guess they have voluntarily pulled them, fire being fairly serious and all....

Now, I see many have found their way onto eBay, and at more than 3x the original price.

Lisa Shock

Lisa Shock

Ikea ran a sale on the bowls about a month ago, and I picked up some via mail order. (two each of 5", 8", 11" plus shipping was about $31) Like everything else, there were only 3 sizes available to purchase online. They used to have, or maybe they are only available in-store, tiny ones sold in a 4-pack, and a large one that's about 16" across the top. I would guess they have voluntarily pulled them, fire being fairly serious and all....

Now, I see many have found their way onto eBay, and at more than 3x the original price.

Lisa Shock

Lisa Shock

Ikea ran a sale on the bowls about a month ago, and I picked up some via mail order. (two each of 5", 8", 11" plus shipping was about $31) Like everything else, there were only 3 sizes available to purchase online. They used to have, or maybe they are only available in-store, tiny ones sold in a 4-pack, and a large one that's about 16" across the top. I would guess they have voluntarily pulled them, fire being fairly serious and all....