• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Knife Skills Class at BonAppetit Cookbooks

If that's the photo of the knife, it looks like a Victorinox or Forschner (pretty good for stamped blades).

Whether it's worth it depends on the current state of your knife skills. If you've been spending your life hacking away with $19.95 value set from Loblaws/Maxi/Zellers/Canadian Tire it would be worthwhile to do it just to relearn.

• 4 weeks later...
Dunno about BonAppetit Cookbooks . . . but the Knife Skills class as Calphalon is excellent, very good value and a good learning if you're a homechef i.e. no technical training

Would you have contact info for Calphalon? I'm only getting results on the product line. TIA :biggrin:

Don't waste your time or time will waste you - Muse

Methinks orangewasabi is referring to the Calphalon Culinary Center which is in Toronto.

Oh. Thanks. The more I think about it, the more I think it is worth it. I'm certain that I will learn something. Of course the class is full now, but I have inqured about the next one...

Don't waste your time or time will waste you - Muse