• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Eggs; Humor

Leslie -- I understand this Q&A relates to your book, but would appreciate learning what egg dishes (non-dessert, and whether taken in at Daniel or any other restaurant) have been particularly memorable for you. :wink:

I do not recollect reading in your book a description of Boulud's egg supplier(s). Do you have information readily available on this point? Also, did Boulud utilize ducks' eggs in certain dishes during the course of your visit?

In addition, your input on when humor can play a significant role in a dish (with any available examples) would be of considerable interest to me.

Cabrales, I think my favorite egg dish would have to be an omelette aux cèpes I had in Collonges-la-rouge, Corrèze, in 1992.

I don't believe I ever saw duck eggs at Daniel, but of course that doesn't mean they weren't there--I just might have missed them. And I did not take note of the egg supplier.

I have noticed beautiful duck (and other specialty) eggs at the Farmers' Market in Santa Monica, California.