• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

What's the ultimate/weirdest food to deep fry?

WolfChef

Wrap chunks of banana in canned biscuits and roll into balls, deep fry into beautiful golden brown spheres filled with warm gooey banana - drizzle with a simple syrup mixed with some fruit preserves.

(nevermind I just paid attention to the word ultimate and not the word wierd - but they are damn good.)

Edited by sizzleteeth (log)

"At the gate, I said goodnight to the fortune teller... the carnival sign threw colored shadows on her face... but I could tell she was blushing." - B.McMahan

What are Angels?

Angles are those empyreal beings with wings who fly around heaven! :rolleyes:

I used three different versions of this same post on three eGullet threads. This one, a thread about food on a stick, and one about the supposed flavor of imaginary or mythical creatures.

SB (just being silly) :wink:

What are Angels?

Angles are those empyreal beings with wings who fly around heaven! :rolleyes:

I used three different versions of this same post on three eGullet threads. This one, a thread about food on a stick, and one about the supposed flavor of imaginary or mythical creatures.

SB (just being silly) :wink:

:laugh:

Trying to earn an eGullet record of some sort? :wink:

Has anybody tried deepfrying a meringue?

May

Totally More-ish: The New and Improved Foodblog

deep fried offal of all kinds!!! after a long day barbequing spring lamb (and rather more wine than reasonable) some bright light came upon the idea of deep frying the uneaten bits for desert. .... sweetbreads, liver, kidney, heart and lungs. I dont know if i would do anything other than the sweetbreads again, but it was totally delicious then!!

also, deep fried risotto balls, as a side to fried lamb or pork chops

mmmmm!!

Over the weekend a relative was telling of how he once attended a cowboy style cookout where one site was deepfrying whole t-bone steaks. He said it was quite good, but like a turkey you need a very big pot and lots of oil.

A island in a lake, on a island in a lake, is where my house would be if I won the lottery.