• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Storing Spices

RonC

Most of mine are in a drawer, stored upright. There is some excess in an adjacent drawer, and a couple of taller bottles on a shelf.

When i run out of space it is usually time to either make a dish that uses a lot of them (curry, etc) or throw away the ones that are past their useful life.

Spice drawer

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FrogPrincesse said:

Most of mine are in a drawer, stored upright.

I love those Morton & Bassett ones with the names written on the lid! I wish all spices had that additional labeling. 

But why are some of their lids varying colours? Is there a plan to that?  🙂

Edited by FauxPas (log)

@Shel_B, it's a bit hard to see in the photo. Are those magnetic shelves on the side of your fridge? Or are they attached via something else? Either way, it seems to create a decent storage area. 

36 minutes ago, FauxPas said:

@Shel_B, it's a bit hard to see in the photo. Are those magnetic shelves on the side of your fridge? Or are they attached via something else? Either way, it seems to create a decent storage area. 

They are magnetic shelves.  I have two styles as I wanted two different sizes.  There are plenty of choices on Amazon. This is one of my sets:

(eG-friendly Amazon.com link) 

Perhaps I should mention that the shelves are very firmly attached to the fridge.

Edited by Shel_B
Additional information (log)
  • Like 2

... Shel