• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dine Out Refugees

how about the india bistro on davie street?  we had a great dinner there last night.  very reasonable, great service, and the food was delicious.

Yes, I went shortly after it opened and am a big fan, too!!

Glad you liked it, as that location seemed to have the kiss of death until India Bistro opened up.

Elizabeth

"The only time to eat diet food is while you're waiting for the steak to cook".

Lots of restaurants that are not officially in Dine Out Vancouver (which is a Tourism Vancouver event) are still offering 3 course deals. For example Fiction and Lucy Mae Brown are offering 3 course menus. And I suspect Central Bistro is in the same category, not a DOV restaurant (or at least I didn't find them on the list) but offering a 3 course deal. I believe you have to be a member of Tourism Vancouver to participate in DOV.

It doesn't necessarily make much difference to us consumers, but it explains why there's confusion about who is "in" and who isn't.

Cheers,

Anne

My knee-jerk reaction would be a list of izakaya restaurants:  Hapa Izakaya, all three Guu locations and Yuji's Japanese Tapas on West 4th.

I agree, and in fact have planned a non-DOV dinner during the DOV period at Yuji's - just wanted to mention my blog's birthday party (1 year, yay!) to everyone here. I've chosen to invite foodies that I've never even met to have dinner with me at Yuji's, so that's an indicaton of how much confidence I have in them to impress. There's an open invitation to my party on my site, incidentally. All are welcome to join us, Tues, Jan 31st, 6:30. Contact me through my blog's email, or PM me here. :)

Nancy